HT MC Pakistani 45mins
Hot Poultry Nuts Dried Fruit Main Course
Gluten Wheat Free Pakistan Asia Asian
50g/2oz Unsalted Cashew Nuts
3 tbsp Vegetable Oil
1 Onion, finely chopped
1 teasp Garam
1/2 teasp Chili Powder
1 teasp Ground Turmeric
3 Garlic Cloves, crushed
5cm/2-inches Fresh Ginger Root, finely grated
450g/1 lb Boneless, skinless Chicken Breasts, cut into 2.5cm/1 inch strips
200g/7oz Tinned Chopped Tomatoes
60ml/2fl.oz. Double Cream
1. Place cashew nuts in small bowl, cover with hot water and leave to soak
for 30 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a saucepan, add the onions and fry until golden
brown. Add the garam masala, chili powder, coriander
powder, turmeric powder, garlic and ginger,
to the pan and fry, stirring for 1-2 minutes.
3. Add the chicken and fry for 2-3 minutes, turning to coat well.
4. Add the tomatoes, mix well then reduce the heat, partially cover and
simmer for about 20 minutes, turning from time to time, until the chicken is
5. Drain most of the water from the cashew nuts, then transfer to a food
processor and process to a thick paste. Add the cashew paste and cream to the
chicken, bring to the boil, adding a little water to give a smooth, slightly
thick sauce. Continue to cook until the oil floats on top then add the sultanas
and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring. Serve hot.
Chicken Recipes | General Prep & Cooking Times |
More Pakistani Recipes
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the
cup, we have the most comprehensive weight to cups conversion table
on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids - so now you can
easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.