Pot Roasted Chicken HT
Serves 4 Hot Poultry Vegetables
Herbs Main Course Gluten Wheat Dairy Free Eggless
1 x 1.3kg/3lb Chicken, cleaned
12 Whole Baby Carrots
8 Whole Baby Leeks
8 Whole Baby Turnips
2 Garlic Cloves, sliced
2 Bay Leaves
1 tbsp Freshly chopped Oregano Leaves
1 teasp Freshly chopped Tarragon
Salt and Pepper
300ml/10fl.oz Fresh Chicken stock
1. Preheat the oven to 180C, 350F, Gas Mark 4. Place the vegetables, garlic and
herbs in a large, deep casserole, season with salt and pepper and mix well.
2. Season the chicken with salt and pepper then place on top of the vegetables
in the casserole.
3. Pour over the stock, bring to the boil then remove from the heat, cover
with a tight fitting lid or aluminium foil and roast in the oven for about 1˝
4. Remove the lid, turn the oven up to very hot and continue to cook for a
further 15 minutes until browned.
5. Transfer the chicken and vegetables on a warmed serving platter then skim off
any fat from the cooking liquor and boil over a high heat to reduce and slightly
thicken before serving with the chicken.
Chicken Recipes | General Prep & Cooking Times
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the
cup, we have the most comprehensive weight to cups conversion table
on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids - so now you can
easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart. Why not print it off for future reference.
Convert all recipes written in metric or imperial quickly and easily.
Metric/imperial users can do the same but the other way round - from
cups to grams or ounces.