Lemon Chicken with
Figs HT MC Egyptian
Serves 4 Hot Poultry Fruit Herbs
Main Course Gluten Wheat Dairy free Eggless Egypt North
Africa North African
8 Large bone-in Chicken Thighs
50g/2oz Brown Sugar
60ml/2fl.oz. White Wine Vinegar
675g/1˝ lb Dried Figs
2 teasp Fresh Thyme Leaves
1 tbsp Freshly chopped Parsley to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 200C, 400F, gas Mark 6. Squeeze juice from one of the
lemons into a small bowl, add the brown sugar, vinegar and water and mix well.
2. Slice the remaining lemon and arrange evenly a shallow roasting tin together
with the figs. Place the chicken thighs on top in a single layer, then drizzle
the vinegar mixture over the chicken and sprinkle with the thyme and salt.
3. Roast in the oven for about 50 minutes, basting frequently and turning the
figs if they start to brown too much.
4. Remove the chicken, figs and lemon slices with a slotted spoon and arrange on
a warmed serving platter.
5. Skim any fat from cooking juices, then pour the juices over chicken and
sprinkle with the parsley . Serve immediately.
Chicken Recipes | General Prep & Cooking Times |
More Egyptian Recipes
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the
cup, we have the most comprehensive weight to cups conversion table
on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids - so now you can
easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.