Leftover Turkey Pancakes
HT MC 60mins
Hot Poultry Nuts Alcohol Main Course
Pancake Day Shrove Tuesday
For the Pancakes
175g/6oz Plain Flour
1/4 teasp Salt
390ml/13 fl.oz. Milk
1 tbsp Melted Butter
Oil for frying
For the topping
1 tbsp Oil
25g/1oz Flaked Almonds
1 teasp Lemon Juice
Fresh Parsley to garnish
For the filling
175g/6oz Cooked Turkey, chopped
250ml/10 fl.oz. Chicken Stock
2 tbsp Sherry
100g/4oz Mushrooms, sliced
Salt and Pepper
1. Sift the flour and salt into a bowl and make a well in
the centre. Put the eggs and half the milk into the well and mix with a wooden
spoon or wire whisk, gradually drawing in the flour and beating briskly to form
a smooth thick batter.
2. Beat in the remaining milk and leave, covered, until
required. Just before using, beat in the butter or oil.
3. To cook the pancakes, grease the base of an 18cm /7inch
frying-pan with about 2 teasp oil and heat until the pan and oil are thoroughly
hot. Pour in about 2 tbsp of the batter and immediately swirl around to thinly
coat the base of the pan.
4. Cook for about 1 minute, until the pancake has set and
is lightly browned. Then turn and cook the other side for a few seconds. Turn
out on to a flat surface and leave to cool.
5. Repeat with the remaining batter to make 8 or 9
pancakes. Heat the oven to 200C, 400F, Gas mark 6.
6. For the filling, melt the butter in a saucepan, add the
mushrooms and cook gently until soft. Stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute.
Gradually beat in the chicken stock and heat, stirring continuously, to form a
smooth sauce. Simmer for several minutes.
7. Stir in the sherry, turkey, salt and pepper to taste.
8. Arrange about 2 tbsp of the filling along the centre of
each pancake. Roll up and arrange side by side in a single layer in a buttered
shallow ovenproof dish. Cover with foil and cook in the oven for 25 minutes,
until very hot.
9. Meanwhile heat the butter in a frying pan and gently
fry the almonds until golden, stirring frequently. Add the lemon juice to the
pan. Scatter the almonds over the hot pancakes, garnish with parsley and serve