Kotopoylo Yemisto HT MC Greek 140mins
Hot Poultry Grains Nuts Dried Fruit Main Course
Gluten Wheat Free Eggless Greece Europe
Mediterranean Gluten Wheat Free
1 x 1.8kg/4lb Oven-ready Chicken plus giblets
2 teasp Salt
2 tbsp Pine Nuts
100g/4oz Long Grain Rice
2 tbsp Raisins
1. Preheat the oven to 180C, 350F, Gas Mark 3. Wash the chicken inside and
out then rub the neck and body cavities lightly with salt. Chop the giblets into
very small pieces.
2. Melt half the butter in a saucepan, add the pine nuts and sauté until
they turn pink. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
3. Add the giblets to the pan together with the rice and sauté, stirring,
for 3 minutes.
4. Add the pine nuts, water, raisins, salt and pepper mix well then cover and
cook over a medium heat for about 10 minutes, or until the water is absorbed.
5. Fill chicken with the stuffing, packing it loosely, then sew or skewer the
6. Place bird, breast side up, on a rack in a roasting tin, cover with
aluminium foil and roast for 1˝ hours.
7. After this time, remove from the oven and remove the foil. Raise the oven
temperature to 220C, 425F, Gas Mark 7. Spread the remaining butter over the
breast and legs and return to the oven for a further 30 minutes. Serve hot.