Chicken Stew HT MC West
Tim Miller, Buckley, Wales
4 Hot Poultry Main Course
Gluten Wheat Dairy Free Eggless West Indies Caribbean
1kg/2.2lb Chicken Breast, chopped into large chunks.
2 medium onions, finely chopped
1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
2 tbsp of tomato puree
1 teasp of Ground Allspice
1 teasp each Thyme, Marjoram, Sage, Oregano, Basil, and
3 Tablespoons of groundnut oil
1 Scotch bonnet pepper, chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Place the groundnut oil into a medium pot, and fry the chopped onions, and
the garlic, on a medium heat, till soft.
2. Add the mixed herbs, the allspice, and the scotch bonnet, and stir to
3. Add the tomato puree, and keep stirring till the oil separates. Maybe 5
4. Add the chicken pieces, and lower the heat a bit, cook,
stirring from time to time, until the chicken is cooked, and coated with the
sauce. Adding water as you need it. Adjust the seasoning to taste.
5. Serve with rice, and pitta bread. And a few red stripes.
Chicken Recipes | General Prep & Cooking Times |
More Caribbean Recipes
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the
cup, we have the most comprehensive weight to cups conversion table
on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids - so now you can
easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.