Weekday Menu Recipe
Breasts with Figs HT MC
Serves 4 Hot Poultry Fruit
Alcohol Game Main
Course Gluten Wheat Free Eggless France Europe
4 Duck Breasts
2 tbsp Sherry Vinegar
300ml/10fl.oz. Dry Red Wine
240ml/8fl.oz. Fresh Chicken Stock
Salt and Pepper
8 fresh Figs
1. Preheat the oven to low. Using a sharp small knife, cut a lattice pattern
into the fat on the duck breasts, cutting all the way through to the lean flesh
beneath then season with salt.
2. Heat a large frying pan until very hot, add the duck breasts, fat side down
and cook for about 5 minutes or until well browned.
3. Pour off any excess fat, reduce the heat a little then turn the breasts over
and continue to cook for a further 10 minutes. Remove from the pan with tongs
and place in the oven to keep warm and finish cooking.
4. Add the vinegar to the pan and scrape up any bits which have stuck to the
pan, (deglaze) mixing well then add the wine, season with pepper and boil over a
high heat for about 5 minutes, stirring from time to time, or until the liquid
has reduced to 1/3rd.
5. Add the stock, bring back to the boil then reduce the heat and simmer for 10
6. Meanwhile, cut the figs into quarters lengthways, place on a lightly oiled
baking sheet and put into the oven to heat through.
7. Whisk the butter into the sauce and cook gently for 2 minutes.
8. To serve – arrange the duck breasts and figs on a serving platter and glaze
with some of the sauce. Serve the remaining sauce in a sauce/gravy boat.
Serving Suggestions :
Poultry & Game Recipes | General
Poultry & Game Prep & Cooking Times