Cranberry Almond Turkey Flan HT
Poultry Game Nuts
Main Course Eggless
175g/6oz Plain Flour
75g/3oz Cheddar Cheese, grated
1/4 teasp English Mustard Powder
125g/5oz Melted Butter
25g 1oz Butter
1 Onion, chopped
300g/11oz Cooked Turkey, shredded
25g/1oz Flaked Almonds
25g/1oz Fresh Cranberries
1 tbsp Freshly Chopped Parsley
Salt and Black Pepper
210ml/7fl.oz. Crème Fraîche
1. Preheat the oven to 190C, 375F, Gas Mark 5.
2. Place the flour, cheese and mustard powder in a large bowl and mix well. Add the melted butter and 1-2 teaspoons of water and mix together with a knife until it begins to bind. Gather up with your hands to form a dough.
3. Use to line a 20cm/8 inch loose bottomed flan tin. Prick the base with a fork and line with greaseproof or parchment paper. Fill with baking beans and bake blind for 15 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, melt the remaining butter in a saucepan, add the onion and sauté gently until soft. Add the turkey, almonds, cranberries, parsley, salt and pepper and mix well.
5. In a bowl, beat together the crème frâiche and eggs and pour over the turkey mixture, mixing well.
6. Remove the pastry case from the over and remove the paper and baking beans. Pour the turkey mixture into the pastry case bake for 35-40 minutes, until firm to the touch and golden brown.
Great for using up leftover turkey at Christmas or Easter
Poultry & Game Recipes | General
Poultry & Game Prep & Cooking Times
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.