with Truffles HT MC French
French Name: Volaille Demi-Deuil
Serves 4 Hot Poultry
Vegetables Main Course Gluten Wheat Dairy free Eggless France Europe
1 Large oven-ready Chicken
1 Truffle (about the size of a small walnut), very thinly sliced
4 Carrots, halved lengthways
4 Leeks, thickly sliced and well cleaned
1.8L/60fl.oz. Fresh Chicken Stock
1. Loosen the chicken skin on the breast and thighs very gently
being careful not to tear or puncture the skin.
2. Insert the truffle slices under the skin along each breast and
over each thigh.
3. Wrap the chicken in a large piece of muslin, securing the loose
ends of the muslin under the wings and thighs. Hold in place with kitchen string.
4. Place the chicken and vegetables in a large saucepan and pour
over enough stock to just cover the chicken.
5. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat, cover and simmer
gently for 60 minutes.
6. Remove from the heat and set aside, still covered, for 15
7. To serve - remove the chicken from the pan and remove the
muslin. Place on a warmed serving platter surrounded by the vegetables.
served with Dijon mustard (check ingredients) and Cornichons.
Chicken Recipes | General Prep & Cooking Times |
More French Recipes
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the
cup, we have the most comprehensive weight to cups conversion table
on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids - so now you can
easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart. Why not print it off for future reference.
Convert all recipes written in metric or imperial quickly and easily.