Chicken with Blueberry
HT MC 25mins
Serves 4 Hot Poultry Fruit
Alcohol Main Course Eggless
2 tbsp Plain Flour
Salt and Pepper
4 Boneless Chicken Breasts, skinned
1-2 tbsp Olive Oil
275g /10oz fresh Blueberries
The Juice and julienned zest of 1 large Orange
150ml/5fl.oz. Red Wine
25g/1oz Caster Sugar (to taste)
1. Season the flour with salt and pepper and use to coat the chicken pieces on
2. Heat the butter and oil in a frying pan until hot and foaming, add the
chicken and sauté gently for 15-20 minutes, turning from time to time, until
3. Meanwhile place most the blueberries in a small saucepan, reserving a few
for garnish, together with the orange juice, red wine and sugar to taste. Bring
to simmering point then cover and simmer gently for 3-5 minutes until the
blueberries are soft.
4. Allow the blueberries to cool a little then transfer to a blender or food
processor, process until smooth, transfer back into the saucepan and reheat gently, if necessary adding sufficient water to
achieve a smooth pouring consistency.
5. To serve – transfer the cooked chicken to warmed serving plates, pour a
spoonful of the blueberry sauce over each and garnish with the reserved whole
blueberries and julienned orange zest.
Serving Suggestions :
Chicken Recipes | General Preparation
& Cooking Times
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.