Chicken and Mushroom Stroganoff
HT MC Russian 35mins
Serves 4 Hot Poultry Vegetables
Herbs Main Course Eggless Russia Europe
2 tbsp Plain Flour
4 Boneless Chicken Breasts, skin removed
2 tbsp Butter
1 Onion, chopped
225g/8oz Mushrooms, thickly sliced
360ml/12fl.oz. Chicken Stock
2 tbsp Coarse Mustard
120ml/4fl.oz. Sour Cream
3 tbsp freshly Chopped Parsley
1. Cut the chicken breasts into thin slices about 5cm/2-inches long. Spread the
flour onto a large plate then add the chicken and turn to coat on all sides.
2. Heat the butter in a large frying pan until quite hot then add the coated
chicken and sauté over a high heat for 5 minutes, turning once, until browned on
3. Add the onion, mushrooms and any unused flour, mix well then reduce the heat
to medium and continue to sauté for about 5 minutes, stirring from time to time,
until onion is golden.
4. In a mixing bowl, whisk the stock and mustard together then add to the frying
pan and bring to boil, stirring.
5. Reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring from time to time.
6. Add the sour cream, parsley, salt and pepper and continue to simmer for a
couple of minutes. Serve immediately.
Serving Suggestions :
Chicken Recipes | General Prep & Cooking Times |
More Russian Recipes
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the
cup, we have the most comprehensive weight to cups conversion table
on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids - so now you can
easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.