Chicken and Clam
Cataplana HT MC Portuguese
Hot Poultry Seafood Alcohol Herbs
Main Course Gluten Wheat Dairy
Free Eggless Portugal
2 tbsp Olive Oil
2 Garlic Cloves, chopped
1 Onion, chopped
450-g/1lb boneless Chicken, cut into
90ml/3 fl.oz. Fresh Chicken Stock or White
450g/1lb Fresh Clams in shells, scrubbed
Freshly chopped Parsley to serve
1. Heat the oil in a Cataplana or wide saucepan with a close fitting lid,
add the onion and garlic and sauté gently over a medium heat until soft and
transparent, about 5 minutes.
2. Add the chicken turn to coat then
cover with the lid and cook for about 10 minutes or until cooked through,
turning once or twice during the cooking time.
3. Add the stock and bring to
4. Add the clams, replace the lid and
cook for five minutes, or until the clam shells have opened.
5. Discard any clams which haven't
opened, sprinkle with the chopped parsley
and serve immediately.
Fish Recipes | General
Fish Prep & Cooking Times |
More Portuguese Recipes
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.