Chicken Chasseur Recipe HT MC 90mins
An authentic and easy to prepare
Chicken Chasseur Recipe which uses chicken thighs for a succulent result.
Hot Poultry Vegetables Herbs Alcohol Stew Main Course
Salt and Pepper
2 tbsp olive oil
2 Onions , sliced
225g /8oz Button Mushrooms
1 tbsp Tomato Paste or Purée
300ml/10fl.oz. White Wine
420ml/14floz Fresh Chicken Stock
4 Medium Tomatoes , quartered
½ teasp Freshly Chopped Tarragon
Parsley to serve
1. Hat the olive oil in a large saucepan or flameproof casserole dish, add the
chicken and sauté over a medium-high heat until golden brown on all sides.
Remove with a pair of tongs and set aside.
2. Reheat the oil in the pan, add the onions and mushrooms and sauté over a
medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring from time to time, until lightly browned
3. Add the tomato paste, white wine and stock and mix well before returning the
chicken to the pan. Bring to simmering point then cover and continue to cook
gently for about 1 hour, or until the chicken is very tender.
4. Skim the sauce to remove any excess fat, then add the tomatoes and tarragon
and continue to simmer, uncovered, for about 5 minutes
5. Transfer to a serving dish and sprinkle with lots of freshly chopped parsley
just before serving.
Chicken Recipes | General Prep & Cooking Times |
More Indonesian Recipes
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the
cup, we have the most comprehensive weight to cups conversion table
on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids - so now you can
easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart. Why not print it off for future reference.