MC Greek 20mins
Serves 6 Hot Pork
Herbs Fruit Main Course Eggless Greece Europe
900g/2lb of Pork Fillet, cut into 2.5cm/1 inch cubes
1 tbsp Olive Oil
1 tbsp freshly chopped Oregano
Salt and Pepper
Extra Olive Oil
6 Pitta Breads
The juice of 4 Lemons
1. Place the pork, oregano, olive oil, salt and pepper in a large bowl and
2. Thread the meat cubes onto skewers and grill for 7-10 minutes on each side
or until cooked through.
3. Brush the pittas with a little olive oil and place under the grill to
lightly brown and heat through.
4. Once the meat is cooked, place the lemon juice in a tall glass or shallow
container and dip the cooked pork into the lemon juice to coat on all sides.
Remove the pork from the skewers and divide between the pita pockets. Sprinkle
with salt and add a spoonful of tzaziki. Serve immediately.
Pork/Bacon Recipes | General
Pork Preparation & Cooking Times |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart. Why not print it off for future reference.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.