Chorizo and Potato Frittata
HT CD MC PIC Italian 30 mins
Makes 1 x
20cm/8-inch Frittata Hot
Cold Pork Vegetables Herbs Main Course Picnics Gluten Wheat
Free Italy Europe
175g/6oz New Potatoes, diced
3 tbsp Olive Oil
1 medium Onion, diced
100g/4oz Chorizo, diced
6 Large Eggs
25g/1oz Finely Grated Parmesan Cheese
2-3 tbsp Freshly chopped Oregano
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Place the potatoes in a small saucepan with cold water and a little salt.
Bring to the boil and continue to boil for about 5 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a 20cm/8-inch frying pan over a low to medium
heat, add the onions and chorizo and sauté very gently for 3-4 minutes turning
frequently. Do not allow to brown.
3. Remove the potatoes from the pan with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper. Blot dry then add to the onion
mixture and continue
to cook over a low heat, turning frequently for 8 minutes. Do not allow to
4. Transfer the mixture to a large plate using a slotted spoon,
spread it out and allow to cool for a few minutes whilst you prepare the eggs.
5. Place the eggs in a
large mixing bowl, beat well with a whisk then add the parmesan cheese, herbs, salt and black pepper and mix gently.
6. Reheat the oil remaining in
the pan, adding a little extra if necessary, and once hot, pour in the frittata
mixture and cook over a low to medium heat for 2 minutes, gently stirring the
mixture with a wooden spoon until large curds begin to form.
7. Preheat the grill to hot and
continue to cook the frittata for a further 5-6 minutes without stirring, until
it has mostly set with only the top remaining a little soft.
8. Transfer to the grill and cook
for 2-3 minutes until completely set, golden brown and slightly puffy.
9. Invert the frittata
onto a large plate, then turn it over again. Can be served immediately or allow to get completely cold
before serving. Best served at room temperature.
Frittata Recipes |
More summer Recipes
in Season |