300g/11oz Long Grain Rice
1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
1 Onion, finely chopped
100g/4oz Shelled Peanuts
2 teasp Black Mustard Seeds
2 teasp Ground Coriander
2 teasp Ground Turmeric
1. Place the rice in a medium saucepan, cover with plenty of cold water, add
some salt and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes or
according to the instructions, until just tender.
2. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a frying pan add the onion and sauté over a medium
heat for 4-5 minutes, stirring from time to time.
4. Add the peanuts and spices and continue to sauté for a further 5 minutes.
5. Drain the rice well then add to the frying pan and mix well. Serve hot.
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.