1. Place the stock over a low heat to keep it at simmering point and
if necessary, cut the samphire stems into 5cm/2-inch lengths.
2. Heat the oil in a frying pan and gently sauté the shallot and
garlic for a few minutes until soft and golden.
3. Add the rice and stir gently for one minute until completely
coated in the oil then raise the heat to high, add the wine, bring
to the boil and continue to cook, stirring until most of it has been
absorbed by the rice.
4. Reduce the heat to medium then add a ladleful of the simmering
vegetable stock and cook, stirring until the liquid has been
completely absorbed. Continue in the same way, adding a ladleful at
a time, stirring frequently and making sure the liquid is absorbed
before adding the next ladleful.
5. When you get half way through the stock, add the rock samphire to
the rice, mix well then continue adding the stock, still a ladleful
at a time. The mixture should be creamy without being too wet.
6. Remove from the heat and immediately add the butter, parmesan and
parsley season, to taste with freshly ground black pepper, then
cover and leave to rest for 3 - 5 minutes before serving.
End of instructions