Buckwheat Lentil Pilaf Veg HT
Serves 4 Hot Vegetarian
Vegan Grains Pulses Nuts Dried Fruit
Herbs Main Course Gluten Wheat Dairy Free Eggless
1 teasp Olive Oil
4 Garlic Cloves, crushed
150g/+5oz Toasted Buckwheat Groats (Kasha)
100g/4oz Red Lentils
480ml/16fl.oz. boiling Water
240ml/8fl.oz. Tomato Juice
1 teasp Freshly chopped Rosemary
Salt and Black Pepper
50g/2oz Walnut Halves
200g/7oz Ready to eat Prunes, roughly chopped
2 teasp Walnut Oil
1. Heat the oil in a large frying pan then add the garlic and cook for 1 minute,
turning from time to time.
2. . Stir in the buckwheat and lentils and cook for 3 minutes until the
buckwheat is well coated on all sides.
3. Add the boiling water, tomato juice, rosemary, salt, and pepper, bring to a
boil then reduce the heat, cover and simmer for about15 minutes, or until the
buckwheat is tender.
4. Meanwhile, toast the walnuts in a dry frying pan for about 5 minutes, turning
from time to time. When cool enough to handle, coarsely chop.
5. Add the toasted walnuts, prunes, and walnut oil to the buckwheat mixture, mix
well and cook for a further 2 minutes. Serve hot.
Serving Suggestions :
|Ice Cream of Choice
Vegetarian Recipes | What's
in Season |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.