Smoked Trout Parcels
Fish Herbs Party
Food Buffet Appetizer Gluten Wheat free
100g/4oz Potatoes, peeled
and cut into fine
2 tbsp Mayonnaise (check ingredients)
225g/8oz Sliced Smoked Trout (or smoked Salmon)
20 Fresh Chives
1. Cook the diced potato in lightly salted water until just tender.
2. Drain very well and transfer to a mixing bowl. Add the mayonnaise whilst the potato is still hot and blend thoroughly. Set aside to cool.
3. Blanch the long chives in boiling water for 30 seconds. Drain well.
4. Cut the trout slices into lengths about 7.5cm/3 inches long. Place a spoon of potato mixture at one end of each slice then fold over the sides and roll up to create little parcels.
5. Tie each parcel with a chive to secure and trim any excess chive ends.
These can be prepared 1 day in advance. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.