Pepperoni Pinwheels HT
Food Parties Buffet Appetizer
50g/2oz Freshly Grated Gruyere Cheese
1 level teasp Dried Sage
1 level teasp Dried Oregano
225g/8oz Puff Pastry
2 tbsp Mustard
50g/2oz Sliced Pepperoni
1 Egg, beaten
1. In a bowl, mix together the Gruyere, sage, oregano, and pepper until well blended.
2.Roll the pastry out into an oblong about 5mm/1/4 inch thickness then cut in half.
3. Spread the mustard evenly over both the sheets of pastry, leaving a 2.5cm/1 inch border at the top edges.
4. Divide the pepperoni and arrange in a single layer over the mustard on both sheets of pastry. Finally top the pepperoni with the Gruyere mixture, once again, on both sheets of pastry.
5. Brush the edges of each half with the egg then roll each of the topped puff pastry sheets tightly into logs. Lay, seam-side down, on a baking sheet and chill for 30 minutes.
6. Preheat the oven to 200C, 400F, Gas mark 6 and line some baking trays with parchment paper.
7. Cut each log into 5mm/¼inch-thick slices and arrange, cut-side down, at least 1 inch apart on the lined baking trays. Bake for about 15 minutes until risen and golden. Serve hot.
This can be made 1 day in advance. Make to stage 5, cover and refrigerate the uncut logs until ready to cook.