Lamb Stuffed Cucumber Cups
Makes approx. 40 Appetizers Cold
Lamb Vegetables Herbs Party Food Parties Buffet Appetizer
Dairy Free Eggless
1 tbsp Olive Oil
1 small Onion, finely chopped
½ stick Celery, finely chopped
1 small Green Chilli, deseeded and finely
450g/1lb Minced Lamb
1 Garlic Clove, crushed
½ teasp Freshly grated Ginger
1 tbsp Dark Soy Sauce
1 teasp Honey
2 teasp Cornflour
1 tbsp Water
1 tbsp Freshly chopped Coriander
1. Cut the cucumbers into slices about 2.5cm/1 inch thick and carefully remove some of the seeds with a teaspoon to
form a cup. Make sure you leave at least 5mm/¼ inch to form a base so the filling doesn't fall through.
2. Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the onion, celery and chili and sauté gently until soft.
3. Raise the heat, add the lamb, garlic and ginger and cook, stirring, until the lamb is browned.
4. In a small bowl, blend together the soy sauce, honey, cornflour and water, then add to the lamb, stirring constantly. Continue to cook until thickened slightly. Remove from the heat and cool.
5. Spoon the lamb mixture into the cucumber cups and sprinkle with the chopped
Can be made up to 6 hours in advance. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Best served at room temperature.