Gorgonzola Prune Crostini Veg CD
HD PFC 30mins
Makes 24 or Serves 4 as a starter Cold Vegetarian
Fruit Hors d’oeuvre Appetiser Buffet Party Food
8 x 1cm/½ inch Slices Baguette
100g/4oz Gorgonzola Cheese (at room temperature)
12 Ready to Eat Prunes, pitted and finely chopped
Rocket or salad leaves to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 180C, 350F, Gas Mark 4.
2. Place the baguette slices on a baking sheet in single layer and brush the top
side liberally with olive oil. Bake 10 minutes or until light golden.
3. Turn the slices over, brush the uncooked sides with more olive oil and
continue to bake for a further 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool.
4. Place the cheese in a bowl and beat with a wooden spoon until very soft then
spread each slice of baguette with the cheese and sprinkle with the chopped
5. Serve within 1 hour garnished with rocket or salad leaves.
If serving as finger food, cut each slice of baguette into finger width strips.
More Starter Recipes | Summer Recipes
What's In Season
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.