A Weekday Menu Recipe
Kidneys with Noodles
HT MC 25mins
Serves 4 Hot Offal Pasta
Vegetables Herbs Main Course
75g/3oz Dried Noodles
Salt and Black Pepper
450g/1lb Lambs Kidneys, halved and cored
Plain Flour for coating
1 Onion, finely chopped
1 Garlic Clove, crushed
50g/2oz Mushrooms, sliced
150ml/5fl.oz. Lamb Stock
1 teasp Dried Mixed Herbs
1 teasp Cornflour
1. Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil. Meanwhile, coat the kidney halves with flour then melt the butter in a large
frying pan until hot, add the onion and garlic and sauté for 3-4 minutes.
2. Add the noodles to the boiling water and cook for 5-7 minutes or until
3. Meanwhile, add the kidneys and mushrooms to the onion mixture and continue to
sauté for 3-4 minutes, turning the kidneys from time to time.
4. Gradually add the stock and mixed herbs, stirring well, bring to the boil and
continue to boil for 2-3 minutes.
5. Blend the cornflour with a little water to make a slurry then stir into the
kidney mixture and simmer, stirring constantly, until thickened. Season with
salt and pepper.
6. To serve – drain the noodles well, transfer to a heated serving dish and top
with the kidneys. Serve immediately.
Serving Suggestions :
Types of Offal
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.