Serves 2 Hot Pork Bacon Breakfast Brunch
50g/2oz Plain Flour
60ml/2 fl.oz. Milk
4 Rashers Back Bacon
1 teasp Vegetable Oil
1. Preheat the grill to medium hot. Place the milk, egg and flour in a measuring jug or mixing bowl and beat with a whisk to form a smooth thick batter.
2. Place the rashers of bacon on the grill rack and grill for 1-2 minutes on each side or until crispy.
3. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan until very hot, swirling it to coat the entire bottom of the pan, then add 4 large spoonfuls of the batter into the hot pan to form 4 individual pancakes.
4. Cook for about 1 minute until set and lightly browned on one side, then turn with a spatula and cook for a further 1 minute until lightly browned on the other side.
5. To serve - place 1 pancake on each plate, top each with 2 rashers of bacon, drizzle with a little maple syrup, top with the remaining pancake and drizzle over a little more maple syrup. Serve immediately.