Spiced Lamb Kofta with Yogurt
HT MC 20mins
Serves 4 Hot Lamb Meat Spices Herbs
Vegetables Main Course Gluten Wheat Free
450g/1lb Minced Lamb
2 Eggs, beaten
1 Large Onion, grated
2 tbsp Freshly Chopped Parsley
½ teasp Ground Cinnamon
1 teasp Ground Cumin
½ teasp Chilli Powder
2 teasp Ground Turmeric
1 teasp Ground Allspice
For the Sauce
240ml/8fl.oz. Plain Yoghurt
1 tbsp Lemon Juice
3 tbsp Tahini Paste
1 Garlic Clove, crushed
4 tbsp Cold Water
1. Place all the kofta ingredients in a large mixing bowl and knead well with
your hands making sure the mixture is well blended. If required, cover with
clingfilm and chill until ready to cook.
2. Preheat the grill, griddle or barbecue to hot. Divide the mixture into eight
and shape each portion around a skewer into an elongated sausage shape.
3. Lightly oil the hot grill rack or griddle then place the koftas onto the hot
rack/griddle and cook for 5 minutes on each side, brushing with a little oil.
4. Meanwhile, place all the sauce ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix until
well blended. Serve the koftas immediately with the sauce on the side.
Serving Suggestions :
Lamb Recipes | General
Lamb Prep & Cooking Times |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.