Courgette and Herb PâtéVeg CD HD 120mins plus cooling
Serves 4 Cold Vegetarian Herbs Vegetables Hors d'oeuvre Gluten Wheat Free
600g/1 ˝lb Courgettes
Salt and Black Pepper
210ml/7 fl.oz. Double Cream
1 heaped teasp Freshly chopped Parsley
1 heaped teasp Freshly chopped Mint
1 heaped teasp Freshly chopped Tarragon
1 heaped teasp freshly chopped Chervil
Pinch of Cayenne
Oil for greasing
1. Coarsely grate the courgettes into a colander, sprinkle with salt and leave for1/2 hour to drain any excess water.
2. Rinse the grated courgettes under cold running water, drain well then dry onkitchen paper.
3. Melt the butter in a pan, add the courgettes and gently sauté for 10 minutes,stirring, until they are soft. Cool.
4. Preheat the oven to 180C, 350F, Gas mark 4. Line a 1.5L/3pt loaf tin withgreaseproof paper then grease the paper with oil.
5. In a bowl, mix together the eggs and cream then add the courgette and buttermixture, salt, pepper, herbs and cayenne. Mix well.
6. Pour the mixture into the prepared loaf tin, cover with foil, stand in a roastingtin containing 2-3 inches of water and bake for 1 1/4 hours or until firm. Cool.
7. To serve - turn the pâté onto a serving platter, spread the crčme fraiche overthe top and sprinkle with fresh herbs.
More Hors d'oeuvre Recipes | What's in Season | Growing Vegetables
Overseas Visitors: If you're more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids - so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference. Click here to go to the chart.