CD HD Russian
Makes 40 Cold Fish
Seafood Alcohol Starter Appetizer Hors d’oeuvre
Buffets Canapés Russia Europe
1 large Egg Yolk
50g/2oz Buckwheat Flour
25g/1oz Plain Flour
2 tbsp Milk
2 Egg Whites
A pinch of Salt
Vegetable Oil for shallow frying
600ml/20fl.oz. Crème Frâiche
1. Place the flours
in large mixing and mix well.
2. Place the egg yolk, beer and milk in a measuring jug, whisk together then
gradually add to the flour, beating well until you have a smooth batter.
3. Beat the egg whites until quite stiff then fold into the batter.
4. Heat enough oil in a large frying pan to just cover the base and once hot
drop tablespoons of the batter into the oil making sure they are well spaced
apart. You’ll probably only be able to cook 3 or 4 at a time.
5. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side until golden brown.
6. Serve topped with a spoonful of crème frâiche and garnished with caviar.
More Starter Recipes |
Fish Prep & Cooking Times |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.