Bayou Fried Crayfish HT
HD Cajun 30mins
Serves 4 Hot Seafood Shellfish Starter Appetizer Hors d’oeuvre Louisiana Nth America North American
300g/11oz Plain Flour
2 tbsp Dried Parsley
2 teasp Cayenne Pepper
1 teasp Black Pepper
1 teasp Salt
450g/1lb Peeled Crayfish (crawfish) Tails
Oil for deep frying
1. Preheat the deep fat fryer to 180C/350F. Place the cornmeal, flour, parsley,
cayenne, black pepper and salt in a mixing bowl and mix well. Place on a large
plate and set aside.
2. In another bowl, mix together the eggs and milk.
3. Dip crayfish tails first in the egg and milk mixture, then roll then in the
flour mixture to coat well on all sides.
4. Shake the excess flour off then deep fry for a few minutes until golden
brown. You will probably have to do this in batches so as not to overload the
5. Drain on kitchen paper and serve hot
More Starter Recipes |
Fish Prep & Cooking Times |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.