Brill Fillets on Wilted Spinach HT
4 Hot Fish Vegetables Herbs Main Course Eggless
Thailand Asia Asian
1 tbsp Soy Sauce
1/2 bulb of
Fennel, thinly sliced
225g/8oz Brill Fillets
Olive Oil for brushing
tbsp Olive Oil
25g/1oz Mange tout, thinly
6 Fresh Basil
A dash of Thai
The Juice of ¼ Lime
1 large Tomato,
1 tsp Freshly
1. Pour the fish stock and soy sauce into a small pan, bring to the boil
and boil until reduced by half.
2. Meanwhile, remove the stalks from the spinach and tear into small
pieces and cut the slices
of fennel into thin strips.
3. Brush the Brill fillets with olive oil and season with salt and cook
under the grill
for 5-8 minutes, depending on the thickness.
4. Heat the olive oil in a wok or large saucepan until very hot then add the mangetout
and fennel strips and turn to coat. Add the
spinach , basil, fish sauce and lime juice and stir-fry long enough for the
spinach to just wilt.
5. Add the butter to the reduced stock, mix well then add the diced
tomato and coriander. Remove from the heat.
6. To serve - transfer the stir-fried vegetables to a platter and place
the fish on top. Pour
the sauce over the fish and serve immediately.
Serving Suggestions :
|Fresh Tropical Fruit e.g.
Mango, lychee, pineapple, Papaya
Fish Recipes | General
Fish Prep & Cooking Times |
More Thai Recipes