Crayfish Salad CD MC South
African 50mins plus cooling
Cold Seafood Shellfish Fruit Spices
Course S. Africa
900g/2lb Crayfish Tails
½ lemon, cut into wedges
1 teasp Curry Powder
1 teasp Paprika
1 teasp Ground Ginger
2 sticks Celery, cut into 12mm/1/2-inch dice
175g/6oz Honeydew Melon, peeled and cut into 12mm/1/2-inch dice
Lemon wedges to serve
1. Bring a large pan of water to the boil, add salt, the lemon and crayfish
tails, cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
2. Remove from the heat, set aside for 30 minutes then drain and allow to
3. Once cold, remove the meat from the shells, cut the flesh into
12mm/1/2-inch pieces and place in a large mixing bowl.
4. Place the mayonnaise, curry powder, paprika, and ginger in a small mixing
bowl and blend well.
5. Add the mayonnaise mixture to the crayfish together with the celery and
melon and mix gently until well combined.
6. To serve -
place some lettuce on four individual serving plates, top with the crayfish
mixture and garnish with lemon wedges.
More South African
Fish Recipes | General
Fish Prep & Cooking Times |