1. Preheat the oven to 200C, 400F, Gas mark
6. Cut out four parchment paper circles about 45cm/18 inches in diameter and lightly
butter the centres,
leaving a 5cm/2-inch border all the way around. Fold each in half.
Place the wine, lemon juice, herbs, salt and black pepper in a small bowl and mix well.
3. Open up the papers, divide the samphire between the buttered
papers, placing close to the fold, top with a cod fillet and sprinkle with the wine
mixture, leaving the 5cm/2-inch border clear. Do not add salt to
the samphire as it is naturally salty.
4. Top each with a tablespoon of crème fraîche, fold the other half of paper over, line up the edges then,
starting at the wider part, begin folding the paper over itself,
making sure you leave enough space so the parcels can puff up
As you progress around the paper, you'll end with a pointy bit
which can just be twisted and folded over/under.
See pictures below showing on how to assemble papillote parcels.
5. Place the parcels on a baking tray and bake for 15 - 20 minutes
until the parcels are puffed and browning. Serve immediately.
End of instructions