Baked Strawberry Cheesecake Veg CD DP 50mins plus chilling
Serves 8 Cold
Vegetarian Fruit Dessert
For the base
225g/8oz Digestive Biscuits, crushed
75g/3oz Butter, melted
For the filling
450g/1lb Cream Cheese
1 teasp Vanilla Essence
125g/5oz Crème Fraîche or Soured Cream
400g/14oz Fresh Strawberries, hulled and halved
3 tbsp Redcurrant Jelly
1. Preheat the oven to 170C, 325F, Gas Mark 3.
2. Mix the digestive biscuits and butter in a bowl until thoroughly blended then
press evenly into a 25cm/10 inch spring-form cake tin. Bake in the oven for 10
3. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat the cream cheese until soft then beat in the
vanilla essence and eggs until well blended. Add the sugar and crème fraîche
and continue to beat until well mixed.
Spoon the filling onto the baked base and smooth down lightly. Return to the
oven at the same temperature and bake until just set, about 25-35 minutes. Cool
and chill for 2 hours, before unmoulding.
5. Place the redcurrant jelly in a small saucepan with 2 teaspoons of water and
heat gently, stirring until it dissolves. Brush half of it over the surface of
6. Arrange the strawberries over the top. Reheat the
redcurrant glaze a little, then brush generously over the strawberries.
Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Dessert Recipes |