Veg CD DP Egyptian 25mins plus cooling
Egyptian name: Khoshaf
Serves 4-6 Cold Vegetarian Vegan Dried
Fruit Vegetables Spices Dessert Pudding Gluten Wheat
Dairy Free Eggless Egypt North Africa Nth African
Approx 1.8kg/4lb Pumpkin
Approx 225g/8oz Sugar
2 tbsp Raisins
2 tbsp Freshly Grated Coconut
2 tbsp Finely chopped Almonds
1 teasp Ground Cinnamon
½ teasp Ground Allspice
1. Peel the pumpkin, remove the seeds then chop into cubes. Place in a large
saucepan, barely cover with water, bring to the boil then reduce the heat and
simmer for 10-15 minutes until very soft.
2. Drain the pumpkin very well then return to the saucepan and cook very a low
heat, stirring, for a few minutes to dry off any remaining water.
3. Add the sugar, mix well then mash to a purée over a low heat beating with a
wooden spoon. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
4. Once cooled, add all of the remaining ingredients, mix well then transfer to
individual serving bowls.
Dessert Recipes |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.