Peanut Fool Veg CD
DP Nigerian 20mins plus chilling
Serves 4 Cold Vegetarian Nuts Dessert Gluten
Wheat Free Nigeria Africa African
100g/4oz Peanuts, coarsely chopped
150g/+5oz Peanut Butter
Whipped Cream to serve
1. Place 2 tablespoons of chopped nuts into the bottom of 4 sundae or champagne
glasses, reserving the remaining chopped nuts for decoration. Set aside.
2. Place the milk, peanut butter and sugar in a medium saucepan and heat gently,
whisking to dissolve the peanut butter and sugar and bring to simmering point.
3. Place the eggs in a large mixing bowl, beat lightly then slowly pour the hot
milk mixture onto the eggs, stirring constantly.
4. Return to the rinsed out saucepan and cook over a low heat, stirring, until
the mixture thickens.
5. Pour the custard over the peanuts in the glasses, allow to cool then chill
for at least 2 hours.
6. To serve – top each glass with whipped cream and sprinkle with the reserved
Dessert Recipes |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.