Mississippi Mud Pie
Veg CD DP Creole Cajun 100mins plus
Serves 10 Cold Vegetarian Dessert Pudding Louisiana Nth
American North America
For the Filling
400g/14oz Plain Chocolate
2 tbsp Instant Coffee
30ml/1fl.oz. Boiling Water
300ml/10fl.oz. Double Cream
300g/11oz Brown Sugar
For the Crumb Base
150g/-5oz Digestive Biscuits, crushed
1. Preheat the oven to 190C, 375F, gas Mark 5 and lightly grease a 20cm/8-inch
2. Melt the butter in a medium saucepan then add the crushed digestive biscuits,
and the sugar, mixing well and adding a little more melted butter if necessary
to bind the mixture.
3. Spoon into the prepared tin,
spreading it evenly and pressing it firmly down. Set aside.
4. Place the chocolate, butter, instant coffee and water into a large saucepan
and heat gently, stirring well, until the butter and chocolate have melted.
5. Remove from the heat and beat in the cream, sugar and eggs. Mix well then
pour the mixture on to the biscuit crust.
6. Bake for 1¼ hours or until the filling is set. Allow to cool before removing
Serve cold with whipped cream.
Dessert Recipes |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.