Fresh Mint Ice Cream
Veg CD DP 20mins plus cooling and freezing
Makes approx 780ml/30fl.oz. Cold Vegetarian Dessert Ices Gluten Wheat
360ml/12 fl.oz. Milk
3 tbsp Freshly Chopped Mint Leaves
360ml/12 fl.oz. Whipping Cream
6 large Egg Yolks
1. Place the milk and mint in a medium saucepan, bring to simmering point then
remove from heat, cover and leave for 30 minutes.
2. Mix the cream into the milk mixture and set aside.
3. Place the egg yolks, sugar and salt in large bowl and whisk for 3 minutes.
4. Gradually beat in milk mixture into the egg mixture then transfer back to the
saucepan and cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until the custard
thickens. Do not boil. Cool.
5. Strain the custard into a clean bowl, cover with clingfilm and allow to cool.
6. Once cold, transfer to an ice cream maker and freeze churn for 30 minutes or
according to the manufacturers instructions. Alternatively, turn the mixture
into a rigid freezer-proof container and freeze, removing from the freezer every
20 minutes or so and beating well with a wooden spoon to break up any ice
7. Transfer to a rigid freezer proof container and place in the freezer.
Dessert Recipes |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.