Croissant Chocolate Pudding
Veg HT DP 45mins
Serves 4 Hot Vegetarian Alcohol Spices
4 Croissants, cut into strips
100g/4oz Good Quality Plain chocolate
150ml/5fl.oz. Double Cream
4 tbsp Dark Rum
100g/4oz Castor Sugar
½ teasp Ground Cinnamon
3 Eggs, beaten
1. Preheat the oven to 190C, 375F, Gas Mark 5 and lightly butter a 1.2L/40fl.oz.
ovenproof gratin dish. Arrange the croissant strips in the dish and set aside.
2. Break the chocolate into pieces and place in a medium sized heatproof bowl
over a pan of simmering water together with the cream, milk, sugar, butter and
cinnamon. Stir the mixture constantly until the chocolate has melted.
3. Add the eggs to the chocolate mixture, whisking constantly until the mixture
is well blended.
4. Pour the chocolate mixture evenly over the croissants, gently pressing the
croissants down with a fork, then bake for 25-30 minutes until the top is
crunchy, and the inside is soft and lightly set. Serve hot.
Dessert Recipes |
Recipes | What's
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.