Hot Chi Seafood Alcohol
Main Course Dairy Free Eggless China Asia Asian
1 tbsp Cornflour
60ml/2fl.oz. Dry White Wine
2 tbsp Peanut Oil
2 Spring Onions, green and white parts finely
450g/1lb shelled Scallops
240ml/8fl.oz. Chicken Stock
A few drops of Hot Red Pepper Sauce
1/2 teasp Ground Ginger
50g/2oz Water Chestnuts, thinly sliced
1. In a small bowl blend together the cornflour and dry white wine. Set aside.
2. Heat the peanut oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat, until almost smoking. Remove the pan from heat and add the spring onions. Return to the heat and stir fry until the onions are soft.
3. Add the scallops and stir fry for 1 minute.
4. Add the stock, salt, red pepper sauce ginger and water chestnuts and continue to cook, stirring for 1-2 minutes.
5. Stir in the cornflour and wine mixture, raise the heat to high bring to the boil and cook until it thickens. Serve immediately.