Honan Braised Duck HT Chinese
Hot Chi Poultry Vegetables Alcohol Main Course
Dairy Free Eggless China Asia Asian
4 Duck Portions, jointed or halved
5 tbsp Soy Sauce
4 tbsp Vegetable Oil
3 Spring Onions
4 thin slices Fresh Ginger
3 whole Star Anise
1 teasp Black Peppercorns
2 teasp Dry Sherry
4 Dried Chinese Mushrooms
100g/4oz tinned Bamboo Shoots, sliced
2 tbsp Cornflour
1. Rub the duck pieces with a little of the soy sauce and set aside.
2. Heat the oil in a large frying pan until very hot, add the duck and fry on all sides until golden brown.
3. Transfer the duck pieces to a saucepan together with the spring onions, ginger, star anise, peppercorns, sherry and enough water to cover.
4. Bring to the boil then reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 1-1/2 hours.
5. Meanwhile, soak the mushrooms in water for 20 minutes then drain well, remove the stems and discard them.
6. After the duck has been cooking for 1-1/2 hours, add the bamboo shoots and mushrooms, cover and continue to cook for a further 20 minutes.
7. Mix together the cornflour with 2 tablespoons of water until well blended, add to the saucepan and stir, over a low heat, until the sauce thickens. Serve immediately.
More Chinese Recipes
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.