Irish Boxty Bread Veg HT CBF British 60mins
Baked Fayre Breads Eggless Ireland Europe
675g/1-1/2lb Potatoes, peeled
Salt and Black Pepper
350g/12oz Self Raising Flour
1 teasp Baking Powder
1. Cut half the potatoes into chunks. Place in a
saucepan of cold salted water, bring to the boil and cook for 15-20 minutes or
2. Preheat the oven to 200C, 400F, Gas Mark 6 and
lightly grease a baking tray.
3. Meanwhile, grate the remaining potatoes into a large
mixing bowl and add the milk salt and pepper.
4. Drain the boiled potatoes well and add to the grated
potato. Beat well.
5. Add the flour and sprinkle the baking powder evenly
over the top. Beat well to form a dough, adding a little more flour if it is too
6. Turn onto a floured surface and knead lightly then
shape into 4 round flattish loaves.
7. Mark the tops of each with a cross, place on the
baking sheet and bake for approximately 30 minutes until well risen and golden
brown. Serve warm with butter.
Turn onto a floured surface and knead lightly then shape into 4 round flattish
Mark the tops of each with a cross, place on the baking sheet and bake for butter.
Cake Recipes | Bread
& Bun Recipes |
Biscuit/Cookies & Pastries Recipes
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart. Why not print it off for future reference.