Hazelnut Scones Veg HT
Makes 8 Wedges
Vegetarian Nuts Fruit Pastries teatime
225g/8oz Plain Flour
4 teasp Sugar
2 teasp Baking Powder
teasp Ground Nutmeg
A pinch of salt
1 tbsp Hazelnut Oil
75g/3oz Chopped Hazelnuts
The grated zest of 1 Orange
2 Eggs, beaten
1. Preheat the oven to 200C, 400F, Gas Mark 6 and lightly grease a baking
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine
flour, sugar, baking powder, nutmeg and salt. Add the butter and oil and rub
into the flour mixture with your fingertips until it resembles breadcrumbs.
3. Using a knife, stir in the
hazelnuts and orange zest and
mix until evenly distributed. Add the eggs and milk and stir with a knife
until mixture is well blended. The dough should be a little stiff and
slightly wet. Add a little more milk if necessary but if the mixture becomes too wet, just add a little more
4. Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface, turning to coat all
dough surfaces with
flour and knead gently about 15-20 times.
5. Divide dough into two equal portions, patting each piece into a circle
at least 2.5cm/1 inch thick. Do not use a rolling pin.
6. Cut each circle into four wedges using a sharp knife
which has been coated with flour and place wedges on the baking sheet. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden. Serve
Biscuit/Cookies & Pastries Recipes
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart. Why not print it off for future reference.
Convert all recipes written in metric or imperial quickly and easily. Metric/imperial users can do the same but the other way round - from
cups to grams or ounces.