1 Egg, beaten
A few drops of
Cornflakes, lightly crushed
1. Preheat the oven to 190C, 375F, Gas mark 5 and lightly grease 2 baking
2. In a mixing bowl, cream together the margarine and sugar with a wooden
until pale and smooth.
3. Beat in the egg then add the vanilla essence and mix well.
4. Gradually stir in the flour and desiccated coconut and mix well.
5. Shape the mixture roughly into balls using two teaspoons then
ball in the crushed cornflakes to coat on all sides.
6. Place the coated balls on the greased trays, making sure to space them
well apart then bake for 12-15 minutes.
7. Cool the biscuits on wire racks.
Cake Recipes | Bread
& Bun Recipes |
Biscuit/Cookies & Pastries Recipes
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart. Why not print it off for future reference.
Convert all recipes written in metric or imperial quickly and easily. Metric/imperial users can do the same but the other way round - from
cups to grams or ounces.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.