CD CBF Greek 55mins plus cooling
Makes 1 x 20cm/8-inch cake
Cold Vegetarian Cakes Baked Fayre Greece Europe Mediterranean
250g/9oz Plain Flour
1 teasp Baking Powder
1/2 teasp Bicarbonate of Soda
6 Eggs Yolks, beaten
6 Egg Whites
240ml/8fl.oz. Plain Yoghurt
For the Syrup
The juice of 1/2 a Lemon
1. Preheat the oven to 170C, 325F, Gas Mark 3 and grease a 20cm/8-inch cake
tin. Sift the flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda together several
times into a large bowl. Set aside
2. In another bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and
fluffy then gradually add the beaten egg yolks mixing well between each
3. Add the sifted dry ingredients alternately with the yoghurt, and beat
4. In another bowl, whisk the egg whites until stiff then fold into the cake
mixture. Pour into the greased tin and bake for about 45 minutes.
5. Remove the cake from the oven, remove from the tin and allow to cool.
6. To serve - boil the sugar, water and lemon juice for 5 minutes then pour
over the cooled cake.
Cake Recipes | Bread
& Bun Recipes |
Biscuit/Cookies & Pastries Recipes
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart. Why not print it off for future reference.