Nutty Sweet Potato Biscuits Veg CD
Makes approx 24 Cold Vegetarian Nuts
Cookies Baked Fayre
125g/5oz Self Raising Flour
¼ teasp Salt
¼ teasp Freshly Grated Nutmeg
75g/3oz Softened Butter
125g/5oz Light Brown Sugar
1 Small Egg
175g/6oz Cooked Sweet Potatoes, puréed
½ teasp Vanilla Extract
The juice and finely grated rind of 1 Orange
50g/2oz Pecan Nuts, chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 200C, 400F, Gas Mark 6 and light oil or butter 2-3 baking
2. In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar with a wooden
spoon until light and fluffy then beat in the egg a little at a time until well
3. Add the sweet potato, vanilla, and orange juice and rind and mix well.
4. Sift the flour, salt and nutmeg into the mixture and mix well then stir in
5. Drop teaspoons of the batter onto the oiled baking trays, spacing well apart
as they will spread during cooking. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes until lightly
6. Cool on wire racks.
Cake Recipes | Bread
& Bun Recipes |
Biscuit/Cookies & Pastries Recipes
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart. Why not print it off for future reference.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.