Orleans Brownies Veg CD CBF Creole 55mins
Makes 12 Cold Vegetarian Nuts Cakes
Baked Fayre Louisiana Nth American North America
For the Cake
175g/6oz Self-raising Flour
10 tbsp Cocoa Powder
100g/4oz Melted Butter
2 teasp Vanilla Extract
100g/4oz Pecan Nut halves, halved
For the icing
25g/1oz Cocoa Powder
250g/10oz Icing Sugar
6 tbsp Milk, approx
1 teasp Vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 180C, 350F, Gas Mark 4 and butter a 22.5 x 35cm (9x14
inch) shallow baking tin.
2. Place all the brownie ingredients, apart from the pecans, in a large mixing
bowl and mix until well blended.
3. Add the pecans and mix well then transfer to the greased baking tin and bake
at for 30-35 minutes. Remove the cake from the oven and allow to cool in the
4. To make the icing, melt margarine, add the cocoa and simmer for 1-2 minutes
over very low heat.
5. Remove from the heat and add 2 tablespoons of the milk, and start sifting the
icing sugar into the mixture a little at a time, adding more milk as you go to
keep the mixture smooth.
6. Stir in the vanilla then spread over the cooled cake. Once the icing has set,
cut into 12 portions.
Cake Recipes | Bread
& Bun Recipes |
Biscuit/Cookies & Pastries Recipes
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.