Your online resource
for all things culinary
Veg CD CBF Australian
65mins plus cooling and setting
Makes 24 Cold Vegetarian Cakes Baked Fayre Australia Oceania Pacifc
150g/+5oz Castor Sugar
1 teasp Vanilla Extract
2 Eggs, lightly beaten
250g/9oz Self Raising Flour
For the coating 450g/1lb Icing Sugar
25g/1oz unsweetened Cocoa Powder
25g/1oz Butter, melted
450g/1lb Flaked Coconut
1. Preheat the oven to 190C, 375F, gas Mark 5 and grease and flour a 20x30cm/
8x12 inch rectangular tin.
2. For the cake - in a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter, sugar and
the vanilla until light and fluffy.
3. Add the eggs a little at a time, beating well between each addition then add
the flour and salt with the milk a little at a time beating well.
4. Pour the mixture into the prepared tine and bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or
until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.
5. Allow stand for 5 minutes before turning out then transfer to a wire rack and
allow cool completely then cut into 24 squares.
6. For the coating - in a large mixing bowl, mix together the icing sugar and
cocoa powder. Set aside.
7. Heat the milk and 2 teaspoons butter in a saucepan until the butter has
8. Add the warm milk to the icing sugar mixture and mix well to create a smooth
but not too runny icing.
9. To assemble - place the coconut in a shallow container then using a fork, dip
each cake square firstly into the icing, then into the coconut turning to coat
well on all sides.
10. Repeat with all the cake squares, placing them on a wire rack to dry. The
Icing will probably drip, so place a sheet of parchment paper under the rack to
save your work surface.
Cake Recipes | |
& Bun Recipes
Biscuit/Cookies & Pastries Recipes
Key techniques required to make cake
cook in an enclosed oven
introduce air into a mixture using a utensil such as a wooden spoon, fork or
whisk, in order to achieve a lighter texture .
- to - The process where sugar and softened butter are beaten together
with a wooden spoon, until the mixture is light, pale and well blended. This
process may also be carried out with a hand held mixer or in a food processor.
in The incorporation of fat into flour.
Butter is cubed then gently rubbed between the thumb and
forefinger, lifting the mixing at the same time, until the fat is fully
incorporated and the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
M ain equipment required to make
Tips, Options and
Private Privacy |
Abbreviations on this site
This Web Site was
designed and created by Recipes4us.co.uk. Copyright © 2000 to date
[Recipes4us] All rights reserved.