Kourabiedes Veg CD CBF Greek 45mins
Makes about 20 Cold Vegetarian Nuts Alcohol Biscuits
cookies Baked Fayre Greece Europe Mediterranean Christmas
250g/9oz Unsalted Butter
100g/4oz Caster Sugar
2 Egg Yolks
1 teasp Vanilla Essence
3 tbsp Brandy
450g/1lb Plain Flour
1 teasp Baking Powder
125g/-5oz Almonds, roughly chopped
2 tbsp Rose Water
400g/14oz Icing Sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 190C, 375F, Gas Mark 5 and lightly flour some baking
2. In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and caster sugar until
light and fluffy.
3. Beat in the egg yolks one at a time mixing well between each addition then
mix in the vanilla and brandy.
4. In another mixing bowl, sift together the flour and baking powder then add
to the butter mixture with the almonds mixing well. Knead it lightly in the bowl
5. Roll walnut-sized pieces into a ball and then flatten between your palms
and place them well apart on the floured baking sheets. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
6. Sift a quarter of the icing sugar onto a large platter.
7. Once cooked, remove the biscuits from the oven and immediately sprinkle
with the rose water then place them on the sifted icing sugar whilst still hot
and sift the remaining icing sugar over the top.
Biscuit/Cookies & Pastries Recipes
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart. Why not print it off for future reference.
Convert all recipes written in metric or imperial quickly and easily. Metric/imperial users can do the same but the other way round - from
cups to grams or ounces.