Grantham White Gingerbread
Veg CD CBF
Cuts into 8 pieces Cold Vegetarian
Spices Cakes Baked Fayre England Britain British Europe
100g/4oz Softened Butter
1 Egg, separated
225g/8oz Plain Flour
25g/1oz Ground Ginger
1 teasp Baking Powder
1. Preheat the oven to 170C, 325F, Gas Mark 3. In a large mixing bowl, cream
together the butter and sugar and pale.
2. Beat in the egg yolk a little at a time.
3. Add the flour, baking powder and ginger and mix well.
4. In another bowl, whisk the egg white until stiff then fold into the flour
5. Drop the mixture onto a baking tray which has been lined with parchment
paper, and spread the mixture evenly but not too thinly. Bake for 30 -40 minutes
until risen and cooked through but still pale.
Cake Recipes | Bread
& Bun Recipes |
Biscuit/Cookies & Pastries Recipes
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart. Why not print it off for future reference.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.