Fig Date and Walnut Bread Veg CD CBF Egyptian
85mins plus cooling
Makes 1 Loaf Cold Vegetarian Dried Fruit Nuts
Breads Baked Fayre Egypt North Africa Nth African
175g/6oz Chopped Dates
150g/+5oz chopped Dried figs
50g/2oz Softened Butter
240ml/8fl.oz. Boiling Water
100g/4oz Granulated Sugar
50g/2oz Chopped Walnuts
75g/3oz Plain Flour
75g/3oz Whole Wheat Flour
½ teasp Baking Powder
A pinch of Salt
1. Preheat the oven to 180C, 350F, Gas Mark 4 and lightly grease a
20x10cm/8x4-inch loaf tin.
2. Place the dates, figs, butter and baking soda in a mixing bowl then pour over
the boiling water, stir well and allow to stand for 15 minutes.
3. Add the sugar, walnuts and eggs to the date mixture, mix well then add the
flours, baking powder and salt and stir until just blended.
4. Transfer the mixture to the prepared tin then bake for 55 to 65 minutes, or
until a toothpick inserted into centre comes out clean.
5. Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the tin for 10 minutes before
turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Cake Recipes | Bread
& Bun Recipes |
Biscuit/Cookies & Pastries Recipes
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart. Why not print it off for future reference.
Convert all recipes written in metric or imperial quickly and easily. Metric/imperial users can do the same but the other way round - from
cups to grams or ounces.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.