For the cupcakes 4 teasp Instant Coffee granules
50g/2oz Self Raising Flour
50g/2oz Caster Sugar
1 Egg, beaten
For the topping
(Icing frosting) 50g/2oz Icing Sugar (confectioners)
˝ - 1 teasp Instant Coffee
2 teasp Boiling Water
9 Walnut Halves
1. Preheat the oven
to 190C, 375F, Gas mark 5 and place 6 paper fairy cake cases on a
baking tray, evenly spaced apart.
2. Mix the coffee with just enough boiling water to dissolve then
place in a large mixing bowl together with the remaining cupcake
ingredients and beat with a wooden spoon until well blended.
3. Place 1 tablespoon of the mixture in each paper case, smooth the
tops, then bake towards the top of the oven for 12-15 minutes, until
well-risen, golden and firm to the touch. Cool on wire racks.
4. Cut the walnut halves in half so you have 18 quarters. Set
5. Once the cupcakes and cold, mix the instant coffee with the hot water in a
small bowl and stir to dissolve then add the icing sugar and
beat together until well blended and smooth.
6. Place a teaspoon of the glacé icing over the top of each cupcake,
immediately press 3 pieces of walnut into the icing then allow
to set before serving.
end of instructions